- Students and mentors are assigned a private email box within the Academos Web site and messages are exchanged via a closed server.
- Mentors are recruited through recognized professional organizations and are background- checked before being accepted; they also receive training.
- To protect identities, both students and mentors use an alias to communicate.
- Academos staff monitors message exchanges daily.
- All emails pass through a filter that eliminates any message containing personal coordinates or harmful content.
- Students can only access the system once they are registered by a teacher or other school group leader.
You are here: Home › How Student Safety is Ensured
How Student Safety is Ensured
June 10, 2013